Journaling Your Mindset
Journaling has profound effects in your productive life. When mindset mapping, it is an invaluable tool that allows you to observe your current mindset and analyze it through development and exploration. More importantly use it as a benchmark to understand where you currently are and where you would like to go.
Here are specific journal prompts to assist you in productive mindset mapping.
1. How did you feel when you woke up today? This question offers you the opportunity to address and acknowledge your emotions. Most of the time your emotions upon waking are closely tied to the dreams you experienced. This is a perfect prompt to jot down the dream (or the fragments you can remember). Dreams hold powerful symbols and messages from your subconscious self to your conscious self. Taking some time out of your day to analyze and decode your dreams are a great way to explore what is going on deeper within you. While I am no dream interpreter, I do spend a significant portion of my journaling time writing down what my dream symbols mean. Researching them is a great start. When you read the interpretations of the symbols, something will naturally resonate within you, that this interpreation of the symbol is the correct answer. It usually flows with the idea of the rest of the dream. This may be difficult the first few times you do it, but gets easier and more intuitive when you stick with it. The messages become more profound.
2. What do I need to do today to feel centered and focused? This is settting the intention for your day. Many people move about their day just reacting and responding to whatever comes their way. You want to take time to set the intention for how you want your day to go. This is regaining control within your life and will make you feel productive. This writing prompt is a good place to input important tasks, ideas, and goals. Typically, you want to add to do items that you know you will complete. If you fail to complete one or two of the tasks, simply add it to your next Journal entry. Being able to say you completed these things will give you a great sense of productivity, as they are items important to you.
3. Gratitude -This prompt is integral to every journal entry, no matter what you write about. Entries on Gratitude shift your mindset into abundant thinking, making your focus on lack, obsolete. Gratitude ushers you into a place of joy through the beauty of appreciation. Typically, 3-5 things you are grateful for and why, should really introduce bliss within your day. After a while you will have a laundry list of the things you are grateful for! Gratitude entries when done consistently, attract wealth and new opportunities into your life. This is because you have now conditioned your mind into seeing opportunities, miracles, and gifts from an appreciative perspective, flowing more of it into your life.
4. Affirmations - Affirmations are especially integral to mindset mapping. It is replacing old negative self talk, with powerful ideas about the power you hold within yourself. Affirmations are there to recondition your mindset to take back the power and ignite that Divine Spark within you. Writing 5-10 affirmations every day, will condition your mind and belief systems to speak truth to power. While you can grab affirmations off the internet, it is a great idea to create your own affirmations, speaking your personal truth to power. Repeat these affirmations all day long until you are confident you believe them. Say them often, place them by the window where you wash dishes so you can recite them. Or in the laundry room where you fold clothes. Say them on your way to work. There are many people who like to record and listen to them, there is more power in you repeating them yourself. When you speak your vocal cords vibrate, this is the emission of energy into the Universe. Remember, first there is an idea, which transforms into a thought, transforming into words, then actions, then behavior. Keep speaking your truth to power until you demonstrate it with your behavior!
I would recommend creating affirmations for specific categories: Health, Wealth, Goals, etc.
A. My core is toned and strong.
B. I make excellent decisions regarding my health and wellness.
C. I lose excess fat around my core easily with good decision making.
D. I have instantaneous and unlimited access to millions of interest free dollars.
E. I am confident in my financial decision making. I am prepared for immense wealth.
F. Wealth flows easily and abundantly to me.
G. I have clear and definable visions which are easily executed to prosperous fruition.
H. My goals are achievable because I take actionable informed steps towards them.
I. My goals and desires are achieved to prosperous fruition.
J. I am successful! I know my worth!
K. I radiate, emanate, and embody beauty!
L. I am well respected, well honored, adored, and cherished at home and among the masses.
Try writing your own affirmations that speak to you! Here are more affirmations!
5. How Can I setup my day to be Beautiful? This is creating a clear and definable vision to ensure your day is beautiful! What do you need to do? How does this day look? Who do you need to spend time with? This entry also fuels future Gratitude entries. When you complete these things, you should feel a sense of beauty to your day!
Example: 1. Spend 15 minutes outside today with my shoes off in my grass, connecting with nature.
2. Have an ice cream party with my 3 small children.
3. Purchase a nice gift to show Hubby that I appreciate him.
4. Work on the outline of my current manuscript.
5. Review content of current work.
6. What do I want my day to be about? Again regaining control of your day. Do you want to be in contemplation mode today? Or productive mode? This is the perfect entry to set that intention.
7. What energy do I want to align with today? This prompt asks you to meditate on the energy you want to bring to your day. The intentional focus on it allows you day to better go the way you ENVISION it to go. For instance, if you wanted to work on your self confidence, then your entry would look something like this:
Self Confidence. To align with self confidence, I took the time to dress up. I did my hair really nicely as well. When I look good, I feel good and am vibrating to the energy of confidence. I will walk tall and will not slouch when I sit. If I find myself slouching I will sit up with the confidence I know I have. I will also speak confidently whenever there is the opportunity to.
This is a way to decide what you need for the day and a quick action plan on how to achieve this energy. After a while you may no longer need this journal prompt, but in the meanwhile, taking the time to give this thought is a great way to get your day started!
Have other meaningful journal prompts that work for you? Send them! Other people may be able to benefit from them! email@example.com
ERIN N. SIMON is a writer, blogger, and visionary in raising the conscious level within her Community. One of her passions is to create a Black Media that truly matters, is promotable, and shared with as many people as possible. In 2013, She and her husband started Inspired, In-Spirit Transformation. They have recently started a Publishing Company called Inspired, In-Spirit Publishing which have multiple published books on their shelves, four of which are Erin's; Interruption: Shae's Search, Interruption: Interlude & The Series Finale Interruption: Alter Ego, & Undercover & Under The Covers: Starring Detective Aja Anderson. Her husband has a company known as GS Investments in which financial freedom is gained one investment at a time. She currently resides in Mexico City with her husband and four handsome sons...